it’s been a while since I posted an update. I have been working super hard on my game engine. I have committed a bunch of code on GitHub these past few months.
Here is a full list of what my engine supports so far and here is a link to my engine at GitHub.
- Support for Windows, Linux, WebGL and Android
- Support for DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4+.
- Support for PNG, JPEG, BMP, DDS, TIFF, WBMP, WebP and more using the FreeImage library.
- Support for FBX model format that then gets converted to a custom model loading format called BFX.
- Support for custom file formats like BFA for Animation and BFM for tile maps.
- Support for 16bit, 32bit and IEEE float WAV file format loading.
- Support for OpenAL-Soft 1.17.2 for 3D audio.
- Support for ttf font rendering using FreeType library.
- Rendering 3D models with basic Phong shading.
- Rendering 2D sprites with sprite batching.
- Rendering 2D textures.
- Rendering Texture Cubes and Skybox.
- Rendering Tile maps
- Support for playing sprite animation
- Support GUI system
- Math library that has Vector2, 3 and 4, 4×4 Matrix and Rectangle.
- Support for both Perspective and Orthographic projection.
- Support for Camera system.
- Controller support on Windows using Xinput v1.4.
This is the sponza scene running ony my game engine with basic diffuse lighting.